The Canfield Band Parents, Inc. (CBP) is a non-profit and bonafide 501c3 booster organization focused on philosophically, pedagogically, and financially supporting the instrumental music programs of the Canfield Local Schools. All parents/guardians who have at at least one child participating in a Canfield band(s) grades 5-12 are considered members of the CBP.
“To create and maintain an enthusiastic interest in the various phases of the Instrumental Music Department of the Canfield Local School District. To extend all possible support an cooperation to the instrumental music directors and the music programs of the schools.”
There are many ways in which the CBP supports the various bands including:
- the purchase of new and used band instruments
- the purchase of support equipment for the bands
- payroll support for music Para-Professional teachers
- money for transport and feeding of the bands at football games, concerts and competitions
- maintenance and upkeep of uniforms and band equipment
- chaperoning home and away football games, concerts, parades and competitions
This support comes by the way of several fund raising events, including:
- Friends of the Canfield Bands Campaign
- Canfield’s Annual Show of Bands
- Annual Pasta Dinner and Chinese Auction
- Annual Fall and Spring Fundraisers
- Spirit Wear
We rely on you, the parents. . .
None of what we do could happen without the tremendous support of our band families. There are many opportunities for you to donate your time and talents. As the axiom goes, “many hands make light work.” Whether you can give time regularly or just once in a while, your contribution to our team is valuable.
Information about how to volunteer is available here.
Public Inspection Policy
All governing documents, policies, meeting minutes, and federal tax filings are available upon request.
Requests should be mailed to:
Canfield Band Parents, Inc.
Attn: Public Inspection
P.O. Box 505
Canfield, OH 44406